The Lëtzebuerger Kannerduerf Foundation is financed by public funds and donations. The Foundation, like any other non-profit social association recognised by the State, signs annual renewable agreements with the Ministry of National Education, Children and Youth (MENJE). For the Lëtzebuerger Kannerduerf Foundation, the ONE (Office National de l'Enfance), on behalf of the MENJE, is committed to paying a certain amount per child/day in the field of residential care and to participating in the other expenses, either in total or as a percentage. In the field of ambulatory care, the costs are paid according to an hourly rate.
All donations to SOS Children's Village Luxembourg are used exclusively for our projects in Luxembourg.
Why does the Lëtzebuerger Kannerduerf Foundation need donations?
During the years of its creation and development, the entire infrastructure of the Lëtzebuerger Kannerduerf was financed by private donations. Today, this is only partly the case.
The Lëtzebuerger Kannerduerf Foundation uses donations to finance part of the expenses of the following projects
- various offers of vocational training and life skills,
- various expenses in the framework of the "life support" project,
- individual support measures for children and young people,
- animal-assisted pedagogy (financed exclusively by donations), as well as our art therapy.
The Lëtzebuerger Kannerduerf Foundation does not receive any subsidies from SOS Children's Villages International or from the Luxembourg SOS Association "SOS Children's Villages Monde asbl", which only supports projects outside Western Europe.
Transparency and control
We guarantee that your donation is used for useful purposes since : :
- The balance sheet and the management of the accounts are audited by the auditing firm EY and the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth.
- The balance sheet is published in the Memorial.
- The Lëtzebuerger Kannerduerf Foundation is also a member of the non-profit organisation "Don en Confiance", and thus commits itself to a "Code of Good Conduct". This includes quality criteria for the responsible and transparent use of donations.
- Each year we report on the progress of our work, new projects and the use of donations in our annual report.
However, there is no substitute for a personal conversation. You can call us at any time to find out where your money is going: Tel. 32 90 03 - 1